Shift-R Doesn't Work

Hi all:
I’m using 2.2.2, HP OfficeJet, Windows 10. I… know there have been several posts on this subject, but here’s another case of indigestion;

I’m in the middle of a recording. So I stop. Type a few things that I want to fix, and press on. I used to be able to click on Shift-R and the software would start recording from wherever the cursor was located. No more. Now, every time I want to use Shift-R (which is numerous times) it reacts as if it were connected to the Record Button BY STARTING A NEW TRACK. I must be doing something wrong. Is there another button or system I can click on in order to simply start recording from wherever I placed the cursor without any other changes? I need a magic button which is defined as "Simply begin recording at the cursor without any other changes; no track changes, no color changes, no pop singer dancing on my keyboard; Just plain RECORD NOW!

Thanks to all:

Lloyd.

R and Shift-R both still work. You can choose which is the default with a preference setting. Old Time Users will want their Shift-R back, but New Users will need plain R to add work to an existing track (since that’s what most people seem to want).

Edit > Preferences > Recording.

Koz

This page in the Manual tells the story: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/recording.html

WC