Can help me please? Problem with recording

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
DwayneBruh
Operating System: Windows 10

Can help me please? Problem with recording

Post by DwayneBruh » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Before 2 days i use audacity to record pc sounds without any mic and everything was great, the red line was recording perfect.
Yesterday I tried to record again but nothing happened.

The recording red line not even movin even if I have sounds playing even not. I used different sounds from different apps and songs but the result was the same, its not recording.

Im using Version the latest version 2.22

I have it on WINDOWS WASAPI and speakers and it was alright. Don't know why its not working now.

Thank You

DwayneBruh
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Can help me please? Problem with recording

Post by DwayneBruh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Guys, I found that quote on the timeline. Its in Greek , in English is "timeline actions were disabled during the recording" . So I guess that's the problem. How can enable them to start recording?
Attachments
οκο.png
οκο.png (34.36 KiB) Viewed 128 times

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Can help me please? Problem with recording

Post by steve » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:58 pm

DwayneBruh wrote:in English is "timeline actions were disabled during the recording"
The translation should say that Timeline actions are disabled during recording.

"Timeline actions" are things like "Quick Play" and adjusting the selection. More information about Timeline actions here: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/timeline.html#tqp
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)