Routing Input problem on Audacity

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Routing Input problem on Audacity

Permanent link to this post Posted by genetix87 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:18 am

Hi. I recently upgraded my studio with a new mic and preamp. I have the Neumann U87 along with the Retro Powerstrip Preamp.

As I hooked it up to my audio interface (UR28M) which then connects to my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad U410), I tried recording on Audacity. I have Audacity 2.0.3
It's not the most recent version.

As I was speaking through the mic, the sound was coming out of the studio monitors, but when i was recording, there was no input signal showing up. I talked with a sound technician guy and he told me I must have a routing issue.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Do i need to update my audacity? Or is my mic just too much for audacity to handle?

The reason why I go with audacity as my DAW is that i've used this the longest and everytime i try out another recording software whether that be protools or ableton for example, there tends to be a lag on my computer. Never really had problems with my audacity until now.

Audacity.jpg
No signal shows up after recording
Audacity.jpg (140.06 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Last edited by steve on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put image inline to preserve board layout
genetix87

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Routing Input problem on Audacity

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 am

genetix87 wrote:Do i need to update my audacity?

That won't fix this problem, but I would definitely recommend that you upgrade to Audacity 2.2.2. (2.0.3 is very old, and there have been a lot of improvements and bug fixes since then). You can get Audacity 2.2.2 via the Audacity website: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Ensure that you are using "channel 1" on the UR28M interface.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Windows