Record Mic and desktop in two audio tracks.

Hello i have a studio mic and a mixerboard thingy which can control gain etc. I happen to be completely retarded when it comes to audio.
My friend bought my equipment back in the day when i attended his online production.

I have great incentives for starting my own podcast. Alot i could do with my voice. The problem is no one likes to listen to crappy audio.
How can i, record both my mic and desktop audio and get to different audio tracks/channels or whatever you call if. I have gotten the
advice to do such in order to being able to optimize this indivudal sounds. I have tried tutorials involving stereo mix and alot of other
bullsh*t methods but nothing seems to work. How can something like this be near impossible in the year 2k17? However i am aware that
you audio guys can help me! It’s my last hope! Sorry for somewhat crappy english, im not therefrom and not so used to having to write in english.

Ty in advance.

How can i, record both my mic and desktop audio

Desktop audio? Do you mean the sound coming out of your soundcard? You can use WASAPI (Loopback) or Stereo Mix to record whatever is coming out of your soundcard. If your mic is included in that sound, you can record it at the same time.

Otherwise, Windows only allows you to select one recording device at a time.

There is a popular program called [u]Pamela for Skype[/u] that can get-around that limitation, and it might work for your needs. Or, there are other specialized programs for capturing online gaming.

With Audacity, you can record two or more tracks and mix later.

The problem is no one likes to listen to crappy audio.

Do you have a desktop tower computer with a regular soundcard? If so, plug your mixer into the line input (usually color-coded blue). If you have a laptop with only mic-in you won’t get good quality from the mixer’s line-output, and stage/studio mics are not compatible with “computer-mic inputs” on a soundcard or laptop.