presetting recording parameters

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

presetting recording parameters

Permanent link to this post Posted by kayakerchris » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:33 am

I play classical guitar and use Audacity to playback pieces to hear and, hopfully, to correct my mistakes. While my recordings are okay - I didn't expect them to be wonderful using a USB mic in my study and not a studio - but wondered if there was a way to preset some effects, bass/treble etc so that my recordings sound reasonable and not merely adequate. I edit tracks, post recording, and make them sound reasonable, but I'd like a reasonable sound for each recording I make. It doesn't appear that preferences allow the use of presets. Any answers? I'm new to Audacity but have searched for an answer and have not yet seen an option.
kayakerchris

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: presetting recording parameters

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 am

Audacity will not apply corrections, effects or filters in real time. Start, Stop,Timer Record and Silent Sense are about the only tools that work while you're recording.

Depending on what you're doing to it, you may be able to make the studio environment work better and not need the corrections. For one thing, we can't take out echoes and reverb, so recording in a room with bare wood floors is never going to come out well.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Re: presetting recording parameters

Permanent link to this post Posted by kayakerchris » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:59 am

Hi Koz, Yes, that was what I suspected. Thanks for your response.
kayakerchris

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows