How to divide audio file-quick need

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

How to divide audio file-quick need

Permanent link to this post Posted by ArielNesher » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Greetings!

I have not used Audacity before. But I have a need for work to quick solution to divide an audio file which is quite large into one hour or so segments. Can Audacity do this quickly and easily?

I have VLC which can divide the file length but you have to play the audio the full length to do so so time consuming.

Thanks, cheers and God bless!
Van
ArielNesher

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: How to divide audio file-quick need

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 am

ArielNesher wrote:... quick solution to divide an audio file which is quite large into one hour or so segments.
Can Audacity do this quickly and easily?

You could do it manually by selecting an hour's worth, then exporting selected audio.

If the track is many hours long might it be worth automating the process : auto label at hourly intervals, then export multiple, which will export each labelled track as a separate audio file.
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to Windows