Rhythm track being recorded onto new teacks

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Rhythm track being recorded onto new teacks

Permanent link to this post Posted by Freshjive89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:44 am

Hey guys

New to audacity still playing with the settings and recording test tracks however my issue is with the rhythm track or click track whatever you want to call it, I’m recording with my ur22 mk2 interface and stmo1 mic and stho1 headphones plugged into the interface witch is fine and dandy everything is recognized and working very well, now I’ve tried absolutely everything that I can think of to stop this damn click track from recording onto my new tracks I love using it for timing but I’ll lay down some tasty licks and play it back and there’s that damn click even when the click track is muted or completely removed., I’ve turned overdub off but then I can’t hear the click when recording the new track if I turn it on then it gets recorded onto the new track I’ve been playing with settings for 2 days now and I’m at a loss any help would be hugely appreciated

Cheers
Freshjive89

Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Re: Rhythm track being recorded onto new teacks

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:51 am

Make sure you've selected the USB interface as your Recording Device. (There are options to record what's coming out of your soundcard/interface and you don't want to do that.)
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Freshjive89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Can you explain with more detail? I apologize I’m not very tech smart and I’ve never used an interface before, I’ve gone through settings on audacity and on my pc and everything Appears to be ok I feel like I’m missing something or I may have messed with some settings somewhere even if I don’t use the metronome and just lay down a guitar track then record bass or vocals or whatever and everything gets recorded onto new track unless of course I mute the previously recorded track or disable the overdub
Thanks
Freshjive89

Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 am

I think you got stuck with one of the new options.

People complained bitterly about not being able to add new work to the end of an existing track, so that's an option now.

Audacity > Edit > Preferences > Recording > Options.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Windows