Disabling of Play Button

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Disabling of Play Button

Permanent link to this post Posted by josephwalking » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:51 pm

I just purchased a brand new computer that's using windows 10 pro operating system. I have used audacity for years, but on 32 bit machines. I have NEVER had an issue w/ it until now. This is my first 64 bit machine. I have downloaded audacity 2.2.1 several times & installed it, uninstall it, then reinstalled it again. Whenever I try to edit a song & use the 'fade in or studio fade out' effects, somehow it disables my ability to play anything. I am not able to play anything within the the audacity program or use any other utility; like itunes; to play my music outside the audacity program. I searched for drivers, & cannot find any. Apparently, audacity 2.2.1 was created to work specifically w/ windows 10. I don't understand what's going on. Please help, thanks!

How does this work? When someone addresses my question, will I be contacted by email? If not, how?
josephwalking

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows