Track Lables

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
arabma
Operating System: Windows 10

Track Lables

Post by arabma » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello,
I am new so if I am in the wrong place I am sorry! I transferred a tape from tape deck to my computer and labeled them 01. and the name of song.Then I tried to export multiple then I picked MP3 that didn't work? choose split files by Labels ,numbering before name/track then hit export. Everything is fine till I get to #4 it is labeled untitled when I rename it it makes all the rest wrong!!!

DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Re: Track Lables

Post by DVDdoug » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Is there anything "different" about the title for song #4?

Maybe just try the number as the label and re-name the file later?

I don't bother with any of that... I select/highlight one song at a time and then Export Selection to export one song at a time. (Sometimes I'll select a little extra and re-import the songs one at time later for trimming.) I use MP3tag to add the metadata after the files are created.

arabma

Re: Track Lables

Post by arabma » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Thank you for responding.
The 1st and 10th have the same name with # 10 adding (Reprise) to it and #4 Is I Still Believe in Santa Claus so just a normal title!
If I do them one at a time how would I burn them to a CD?