Yes indeed though it is even more helpful to save the log file (as a text file) and then attach the text file to the forum post.bodegg wrote:Every little helps as they say!
To attach a text file, use the "upload attachment" tab below the message composing box (not necessary on this occasion as the log is fairly small and I can see what I was expecting to see).
A quick breakdown:
The "FFmpeg" stuff shows that you don't have the optional FFmpeg library installed (not a problem - it's optional).
There are 4 ".AU" files listed in the ".AUP" file that can't be found in the project's "_data" folder - this is the problem and we need to find out why this occurs.
With well over a million downloads of Audacity 2.2.1 for Windows, it's weird that there's not much more than a handful of cases of this problem. Makes me wonder what's so special about your machine. Perhaps you can fill in a few gaps:
* The exact version of Windows?
* What is the system language of your computer?
* What anti-virus / other security / maintenance products on your machine?
* How much free space on your C: drive
* Is your C: drive a spinning disk hard drive or a SSD?
* Does your computer hibernate / sleep when left inactive - how long does it have to be left for, and any chance that this could be related to the problem?
* Did you download Audacity from here: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/
* Anything that you can think of that may be "untypical" about your computer?
* Did you use the "EXE" installer for Audacity?