Can't Export: "File not Found"

I am running Audacity 2.1.0 on Windows 10. I tried copying a clip from a small project to my main project, but the clip has no sound in its new location. I tried exporting the project into a WAV file that I could then import into my main project, but when I select “Export” I get this error: “File Not Found.” I can’t seem to export anything successfully. I’ve re-started the program, and still the same errors.

Please help. Thank you!

I tried copying a clip from a small project to my main project, but the clip has no sound in its new location. I tried exporting the project into a WAV file that I could then import into my main project, but when I select “Export” I get this error:

Sorry, but I’m not following that…

Do you see a waveform and you can play the audio before you export?

If you simply open an existing WAV file, can you export it as a new file with a new name?

same here it looks like this when trying to export yeah?
export audio error.JPG

I ran into this problem with iTunes as well and I think it’s a side effect of a recent Windows 10 update to their security software. Anyway, look for the Ransomeware protection page under Windows Defender Security Center. (I asked Cortana to bring it up for me)
You will see a subheading of “Controlled folder access”
Under that the last line in blue says “Allow an app through Controlled folder access”.
Click that and on the next screen “+ Add an allowed app”.
You will prompted to find the .exe file for Audacity which should be under your program files.
I hope this helps!

Adnamay hit it right on the head! Your advice worked like a charm! :smiley: :ugeek: