Audacity doesn't see my mic. Help?

Help for Audacity on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
j9six
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Audacity doesn't see my mic. Help?

Post by j9six » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 am

kozikowski wrote:Actually, the recording devices don't show up on that panel, so that's a wave-off.

Right-Click Speaker > Recording Devices > Recording should give you green flashes if the device is working. I have no idea where the volume control is, and I think there's a way to set stereo or mono as well.

The Windows elf will know.

Koz

& this
Attachments
mixer speaker.jpg
mixer speaker.jpg (33.61 KiB) Viewed 433 times

j9six
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by j9six » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 am

kozikowski wrote:Actually, the recording devices don't show up on that panel, so that's a wave-off.

Right-Click Speaker > Recording Devices > Recording should give you green flashes if the device is working. I have no idea where the volume control is, and I think there's a way to set stereo or mono as well.

The Windows elf will know.

Koz
One more thing, it appears on the volume setting mixer but audacity doesnt see my mic and there are no waves
Attachments
line usb.png
line usb.png (39.38 KiB) Viewed 433 times

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Gale Andrews » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 am

j9six wrote:
kozikowski wrote:I found the screen grab of the Volume Mixer. The green stripe bounces with the sound. I'm guessing you have a slider for USB Audio Codec and it's turned down. Do you get the sound that far?
If you want to see Line6 as a recording device and check if it has input, click the Recording tab of Windows Sound.

See Windows Sound.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual