No right-click function in the GUI?.....

I’ve long wondered why there isn’t one. Seems real counter-intuitive.

There is right click on the waveform when the Zoom tool is selected (F4 key).
There is also right click on the vertical track scale for zooming out vertically.
Other right click behaviours may be added eventually. Is there a specific right click behaviour that you want?

The main reason for limited right-click features is that Audacity was not developed exclusively for Windows (where right-click has always been the norm) but for Mac and Linux as well. In fact, most of Audacity’s early development was done on Mac.

Gale

Oh. Mac and Linux don’t have that? Weeird.

@steve: I guess Gale answered it.

I have another question: how come you can’t just move tracks around on the page. For example, if I want to move a track up/down three spaces, I have to manually do it three times. Whoa, you know?

Linux has right click (and middle click if you want it).
Old Mac’s only had one mouse button - the joke is that Apple thought that two buttons was too complicated for Mac users.

Click on the track control panel - left end of the track where it says the sample rate and bit format - hold the left mouse button down and drag up or down.
Tip: If you have a lot of tracks in the project, press Ctrl+shift+C to Collapse all tracks (or from the View menu) before dragging. Ctrl+shift+X to eXpand the tracks again.

Yeah, I remember that joke. Or legend. Didn’t know Audacity was that old.

Click on the track control panel - left end of the track where it says the sample rate and bit format - hold the left mouse button down and drag up or down.

Groovy. I didn’t find that in the FAQ, though. Just sayin. Thanks

It doesn’t get asked frequently enough :wink:
It’s in the manual here: Audacity Manual