Records two identical channels

Can anybody post a link to the information about enabling true stereo (2 independent channels) for Realtek HD? I have been trying to get this working on my Asus Eee PC 1215N notebook with no luck. I can get the Stereo Mix to work in Audacity 2.0 but it the stereo signal comes in as two identical tracks when I record. I am using a Behringer UFO202 USB sound card. My choices for input device are: Stereo Mix, USB Audio Codec (the Behringer sound card) and Realtek HD Audio microphone. I have updated Realtek HD drivers (6/2012 R2.75).

I’ve come across the Audacity forum pages on how the Stereo Mix might not work, even with updated drivers, and need a solution. Thanks,

David

What are you trying to record?

Split from https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/kind-of-emergency/25054/1

Please help us by starting a new post in the Forum Board for your operating system rather than posting on the end of an unrelated topic.

To record stereo mix you have to play the audio on the Realtek sound card, then choose Realtek stereo mix as input.

Assuming you are on Windows Vista or 7, to make sure stereo mix is set to record in stereo rather than mono:

1 By the system clock, right-click over the Speaker icon > Recording Devices then right-click over stereo mix and choose “Properties”.
2 On the “Advanced” tab, in the “Default Format” section, make sure the drop-down menu is set to “2 channel 16 bit 44100 Hz”.

If you are actually trying to record the Realtek mic or Behringer in stereo, follow steps 1 and 2 but right click over the Realtek mic or Behringer in step 1 instead of over stereo mix.

If that does not help or if you are not on Windows Vista or 7, please give more details.

Gale