Unable to execute file

So I get this error after downloading and trying to run 2.0:

Unable to execute file
C:Program FilesAudacityaudacity.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling may fix this problem.

I have no idea to fix this. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

rpagett

Which version of Windows? XP?

For 32-bit Windows XP, download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). Double-click on the downloaded “C:vcredist_x86.exe” file to run it and follow the instructions. If you are asked whether you want to uninstall or repair, choose “Repair”.

For 64-bit version of Windows XP, please download instead Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) then double-click on the downloaded “C:vcredist_x64.exe” file and follow the instructions as above.

Thanks Steve! Now I need to figure out how to get the audio to play while recording

Transport > Software Playthrough to listen to what you are recording.

Transport > Overdub to play existing tracks while recording a new one.

Gale

Thanks for the reply Steve! Now I am having problems with Audacity recognizing the audio playing./ Last night, I recorded side one of an Eric Clapton album. This am I tried to record the second side with no luck at all. The record line is straight while the input audio is indicator is definatly playing.

Any thoughts there? BTW, still cannot hear the playback as it records?

See the previous post by Gale.

Neither of those methods work for listening to the recording or even recording any sound, the line is still flat :frowning:

If you want to listen while you are recording an LP then Transport > Software Playthrough is the correct choice, however if you are recording silence then software playthrough (which sends the input to the output with a delay) will also be silent.

If you need help reconfiguring Audacity please let us know how you are connecting the turntable to the computer and which audio indicator says that audio is playing.

Gale