Shifting an entire section of a label track?

I inadvertently got part of a label track a couple seconds out of sync with the audio track.

Starting from a new label I will create, how can I get the entire remaining portion of a label track to shift 2 seconds to the right? IOW, I’d like to achieve the effect of inserting two seconds of silence into a label track, independently of any other tracks in the project.

Thank you.

DG

OK, I am sure there are easier ways to do this but here is one way:

1. Tracks > Add New > Label Track
  2. Tracks > Add New > Mono Track
  3. Drag the original Label Track below to the bottom, below the two new tracks.
  4. Tracks Sync Lock Tracks (ON)
  5. Click in the new (empty) Mono track at the point where you wish to add the two seconds
  6. Generate > Tone > 2 seconds (this operation shifts the last two tracks)
  7. Delete the two unneeded tracks.
  8. Tracks > Sync Lock Tracks (OFF)

Simple Cut&Paste in the label track (with sync-lock off) works rather well for this

Peter

That’s what I would normally do, though if I need to drag the labels (I might need to see where all of the labels will land), I’d create a dummy track below the label track and generate silence into the dummy track. By selecting the label track and the silence in the dummy track, the two can be dragged as one unit. To delete the dummy track after it has served its purpose, click on the [X] in the top left corner of the track.

Thank guys - I knew there was an easier way. :smiley:

Of course one could always Export the Label track, make the required adjustment, then re-Import.

Now that’s well cunning :sunglasses: :nerd: :ugeek:

Peter

Thank you for your helpful suggestions.

DG