3.1.3 adding spaces to my track

Windows 10 pc platform. Since being upgraded to 3.1.3 When opening a saved aup file, there are now many silences of five or 10 seconds inserted into the track wherever I stopped recording and began again. Before this there was just a black line there, now there are blocks of silence inserted for some reason and it really slows down my editing. Is there a setting that can be changed to prevent this?

Also, the new version wiped out all of my keyboard preferences; just very annoying and wanted to mention it.)

I’m guessing that you opted to accept the reset that was offered as part in the installation.

However, for future reference: once you have got your custom keyboard settings in preference, use the Export button to export a file of those settings.

Then you can always Import those settings back in in the future if necessary.

Peter.

Thanks Peter. Yeah, I probably did accept a reset somewhere in the process. When turning on my computer it looked innocuous so I just clicked through it, and watched in shock as it upgraded. [big sigh]. Normally I wait a year before upgrading to let the dust settle and fixes get done. Should have been more wide awake. I’ll save a copy now. Those big spaces that are being inserted still slow me down a lot while editing and I can’t see how to stop it from doing them.
Also, I don’t know how to use a previous version. Yes, I am old (82) and confused. :smiley: but still cute.

BTW the latest stable release is 3.2.4

see: https://www.audacityteam.org/

Peter

I’m not sure what you are talking about. Perhaps you wish to share a screenshot?

Again, I’m not sure what you are talking about. I suppose you could try Edit > Preferences > Recording > Record on a new track.