Mic is Recognized - NO SOUND

Hey Everyone!

New to Audacity but not new to the Audio World lol… Downloaded and Installed Audacity last night. Running Windows 10 64Bit. Running Audacity 3.2.4 64bit.

My rig is a Shure SM7B XLR to a Zoom H6 Audio Recorder then USB Interface Out to my laptop. Mic levels are registering well on the H6 and signal is great, even able to peak. Computer is also picking up good levels within the Microsoft Mic/Sound Settings, again, full range, plenty of signal.

In Audacity, The H6 Recorder is auto showing as a recording device and is selected, however when I click to monitor levels, nothing. I have done a fair amount of research looking into what could be happening, so I’ve made sure to close out of audacity, turn everything on, and then re-launch audacity, but still nothing.

If I switch Audacity to the internal laptop mic and click to monitor levels, that works, but then back to the H6 and nothing.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advance for the help!

I don’t know… The multi-channel/multi-tracking capability might be “confusing things”.

It could be [u]Windows Privacy Settings[/u].

…There are advantages to using a stand-alone recorder and then transferring the files to the computer for editing. With a computer there are lots of settings & configurations that can be messed-up, and the multitasking operating system and interrupts sometimes make things “difficult” or cause glitches.