Fixing DBlue glitch not working in audacity

How to fix this problem in audacity 2.3.3 Fix audacity Effect or Command at C:\Program Files\Audacity Could not load the library
running audacity on windows 11

That’s the message when you try to use a 32-bit plugin in 64-bit-Audcaity, or vice versa.
Matching (32&32, 64&64) is a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for a plugin to work in Audacity.

How can I fix this problem I’m running 64 bit version of audacity on windows 11

The (old) free version DBlue glitch (version 1.3) is only available in 32-bit.
You need a 32-bit version of Audacity to run that … Audacity ® | Downloads

The current version DBlue glitch (version 2) has a demo version in 64-bit … Illformed :: Glitch 2
[ demo version means spoiler noise is added intermittently].

I would not pay for the full version until I was sure the demo version worked in Audacity, as it may not be compatible.

Will that version work in 64 bit version of audacity on windows 11

I’ve tried it with both 32 and 64 bit and with the 32 bit it says incompatible plugin with 32 bit running 64 bit audacity but when do it with 64 bit of DBlue glitch that’s when I see Effect or Command at C:\Program Files\Audacity plug-ins\ Glitch2.dll failed to register:
Could not load the library so what’s the problem is there a DLL file missing from audacity what more can I do

I’ve never tried “Glitch2”, I’ve only used the previous version (1.3) in 32-bit Audacity, see …

Is there another way to get it to work in 64 bit audacity because I want to be able to stay on the latest version of audacity

Now I have: apparently it’s incompatible with Audacity 3 …
Glitch2 (64-bit) incompatible with Audcaity 3 (64-bit).png

I seen another audacity forum that said it’s supposed to be compatible with audacity do you think the audacity team could just automatically add that plugin into audacity if it is compatible my bad about my first post I’m using audacity 64 bit 3.2.3

My bad in my first post I’m using audacity 64 bit 3.2.3

So according to Trebor, the 64-bit version of glitch does not work on 64-bit Audacity 3.2.3

Here are two things you can try:

1. Try to run the 32-bit version of glitch on the 32-bit version of Audacity 3.2.3

or

1. Try to run 64-bit version of glitch on the 64-bit version of Audacity 3.1.3 (See: Old Audacity versions download) (The developers made some changes to Audacity 3.2.x relating to how it behaves with plugins, so there is an outside chance it will work on 3.1.3)

Keep us posted.

I like those ideas but I’ve already tried all of that and like I said before I want to be able to keep the latest version I’m not into downloading old versions of audacity so either y’all do another update and fix this problem or I might stop using the program and I don’t mind doing that and finding a program that works with that plugin and I also seen in another audacity forum that says it works so what’s up with that is that a lie or does it work so what are y’all going to make it work or what I think there’s a missing dll file in audacity so can y’all fix the problem or what

It works now but how can I make it look like this

https://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=6719

OK, so this is the 32-bit version of dBlue Glitch 1.3.

First, download the latest 3.2.4 version of 32-bit Audacity which was just released earlier this week. You can get it here: Audacity download latest version or from Audacity ® | Download for Windows

The installer will install 32-bit Audacity here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity. Do NOT start it yet!

Next go here: https://illformed.org/ and download the 32-bit version 1.3 of dblue Glitch. Extract “dblue_Glitch_v1_3.dll” from this zipped archive and copy this .dll file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Plug-Ins. It should nestle nicely between crossfadetracks.ny and delay.ny.

Start Audacity from the Windows menu or double-click on C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe

When the software starts, it will automatically locate your new dll.

If you do Help > About Audacity > Build Information, you can verify that the build-type is 32-bits. This software is in every other way identical to the latest and greatest 64-bit build of Audacity, but it runs 32-bit dlls.

Generate some audio, then select Effect from the menu and you will see dblue Glitch 1.3… among them. :smiley:

Effect not applying to selected audio and can y’all also add Logic Pro version of tape stop

The 32-bit .dll works fine for me in 32-bit Audacity 3.2.4 when I apply the Factory Presets to the second track here:

For Logic Pro tape stop, create an Enhancement Issue here: Issues · audacity/audacity · GitHub

How can I make the glitch effect in audacity look like this just click the link and you’ll see what I’m talking about
https://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=6719&sid=a74c1692aebf012f025efaf0e9ea7168
And if you don’t know what I’m talking about watch this video
https://youtu.be/oi9dJ5B7y9o

The steps posted here worked for me: Fixing DBlue glitch not working in audacity - #16 by jademan :smiley: