Where's The Bass?

Used Audacity for a long time recording songs off internet etc. then would export the song to either MP3 or Wav file, then burned song onto a CD and sounded terrific on whatever player I put it in. Now I have different computers and downloaded Audacity to burn more songs to CD and every song plays back either on PC or burned to CD with NO BASS AT ALL, just a tin treble garble. Tried 2 different pc’s with the same results. What is going on? I never messed with any settings and had great results until now… Sound drivers on pc are updated also , dunno what to do to fix this no bass issue???

Windows “Audio enhancements” can be on by default.
Need to turn them off for faithful recording & playback

[There can be a second layer of audio enhancements, sometimes called MaxxAudio].

If “etc” is a turntable, tape-deck, or similar device, it’s possible to connect it in a way that the centre of the stereo-image disappears via destructive interference, (bass is usually in the centre).

Also, for recording off the internet, be sure to use WASAPI host and set your recording device to speakers (LOOPBACK).

Also, for recording off the internet, be sure to use WASAPI host and set your recording device to speakers (LOOPBACK).

Thank You Jademan, WASAPI was the fix, was set on MME…Sweet Bass now!