Freezing on Export

I had the old 2.4.2 version that has worked GREAT for me for the past 2 years. Tonight, I recorded, imported mp3 of my zoom call, just like i have for every other instance of my podcast. No issues.

THEN, I go to export as MP3 by clicking file, export, export as MP3, and get as far as the pop-up window telling me everything will be mixed down to one track. Then nothing. Program completely freezes and I can’t click anything at all. I did a restart, and attempted again, same issue.

I downloaded the update to the newest version on the site, version 3.2.1, go through the hassle of getting it reconfigured with VoiceMeeter, open the saved .aup file, and when I go to file, export, export as MP3,… i get the SAME issue. I made it as far as the 2nd pop up, and then it just freezes. I tried closing the program and re-opening, i have tried restarting, I can’t get this fixed.

Additionally I haven’t messed with any default settings or the project rate of 44100 (Hz).

Can anyone PLEASE help me understand what’s going on?!

For anyone running into this,

Edit > Preferences > Import/Export > Turn off the metadata menu.

I found this on a old, old post from 2019 but when I tried it in the new version it worked.

In the current version of Audacity, you can also turn it off in the metadata editor.
Enable the checkbox option: “Don’t show this when exporting audio”

I had the same issue today. :astonished:

My project was a 4-track stereo project. One track had some envelope edits from the Envelope Tool (F2). That envelope edit seem to cause the hang. Audacity would specifically export only until the end of the edited envelope of that track. When I tried to Mix and render the envelope edit to that track the Export worked proper!

:bulb: TLDR Solution: Mix and render every envelope edited track before you Export. :bulb:

A BIG Thank you for this fix.
Probably didn’t need to upgrade, but the new version seems a little better.