Automatic Database Backup Failed

I am using Audacity 3.2.1 / Windows 10.Since 1 week, whenever I try to cut and paste a segment of my recording, the App crashes and I get the following message - Automatic Database Backup Failed. I tried to reinstall the App after uninstalling the previous 3.2.1 version. It did not help. Kindly suggest a solution.

Yours is the only recent report of this error occurring other than while recording. There were reports of this happening on 3.0.2, but the bug causing this was supposedly fixed, and you said you are running 3.2.1.

Can you reproduce this error reliably? Does it happen only on a specific project? If so, can you upload the project (and related step-by-step instructions) that cause this error?

I’m having this same copy/paste problem with 3.2.1 (Windows 11) – I can cut, but the paste action gives me this same error message in every file. I get the same error when I attempt to split a track (Ctrl + I), and the program in general is running slower than ever with larger file sizes (3GB for 4min of audio). I reinstalled yesterday, too: no change.

As with idics, can you reproduce this error reliably? Does it happen only on a specific project? If so, can you upload the project (and related step-by-step instructions) that cause this error?

Do you get this same behaviour with the most recent 3.2.2-beat nightly build?: nightly.link | Repository audacity/audacity | Workflow build.yml | Branch release-3.2.2

Note: beta software is untested. Do not run production on beta software.

I did try with the 3.2.2 beta, and again with th most recent 3.2.3 update: it happens with every project, every time I try to paste or split a track. It does not happen only with one project.

Thank you for your report.

Can you reproduce this error reliably? If so, can you upload the project (and related step-by-step instructions) that cause this error?

I am having a similar issue.
Whenever I try to split audio or copy paste, I get the same message: ‘Automatic Database backup Failed.’ It’s only in one particular project, and I have tried copying everything and pasting it into a new project, but the same thing occurs.

I’m working with 3.2.3 on Windows 10. The project contains several tracks: 2 voice, 3 music files (mp3s dragged into the file). The issue began occurring after the edition of the second mp3, but even if I remove it, the project runs sluggish and I can’t split a track or copy/paste without an error message.

I’m a paid for podcast and I can’t finish this episode without fixing this issue. :confused:

Can you upload the project (and related step-by-step instructions) that cause this error?

The file is too large to be uploaded.

I have trying copying and pasting individual tracks into a new project. While this seems to have solved the ‘Automatic Database Backup Failure’ issue, the program still runs quite sluggishly whilst working on it.

This is good to hear. :smiley:

Sometimes sluggishness can be reduced by doing a Mix And Render on each individual track. Hint: close and reopen the project after each track or two, so that undo information can be released.

I am havine the ‘automatic back up failure’ message when trying to edit. Please fix!!!