Unable To Record From Rekordbox 6 From DJM 750

I have a Pioneer DJM 750 Mixer connected via USB and running Rekordbox 6.6.4 and Audacity 2.4.2 on Windows 10 21H2 OS Build : 19044.2006,
I am using a Acer Aspire E 17 E5-772-32-A6 With an Intel Core I3-4005U (1.7GHZ 3MB L3 Cache), Intel HD Graphics 4400 (up to 4184 Dynamic Memory) and 8GB DDR3 L Memory.

Everytime I try to record audio It gives a varied errors on either of the host types (MME, Direct Sound or WASAPI) which I have attached screenshot evidence, I once managed to get audio through the line in (loopback) channel with Windows WASAPI audio host selected which did put audio through but it ignored the sliders and just outputted the full audio that was coming into the mixer from tracks I was playing on the virtual decks in Rekordbox which was useless anyways for recording a mix, however even this isn’t working now and giving me Error 9996 Invalid Device.

I have the DJM-750 ASIO selected in the Setting >> Preferences>> Audio section of the Rekordbox software as this is the one that allows me to choose assigning different channels to different decks where as the DJM 750 Line selection only has one channel. I’ve also checked all the sample rates making sure they all match I’ve been setting them to 48000khz, 24 Bit the only one I couldn’t seem to change/ figure out was the DJM-750 Setup Utility one which says 96000hz,

I’ve tried enabling and disabling exclusive access for both the line input and output, made sure that the microphone access is enabled in the windows settings and tried enabling and disabling the built in microphone on the laptop, even tried enabling stereo mix just to see if that worked :laughing:

I’m at my ends whit and don’t know what to do so any help would be much appreciated and if I can provide any more information please ask and I will respond :slight_smile:

Yes - ASIO is mutually exclusive to MME, DirectSound, and WASAPI, and because of licensing issues, Audacity does not ship with ASIO support. To do this, you would need to compile your very personal customized version of Audacity.

Even on MacOS, where the the ASIO issue does not arise, users have reported difficulties using Rekordbox. I would suggest consulting the Recordbox forum to find out what other users are doing.

Have you tried Cakewalk ?

Hi there thank you for the reply I guess I’ll have to do some more digging around I suppose couldn’t find anything last time but never know haha and no never heard of it what is that??