Version 3.2 questions

This automatic download of 3.2 is causing me lots of headaches and extra work to do anything … things like delete, cut and paste. etc…

Is there a way to go back to my other version … and if so, can I somehow just muddle along with that one and not have any future ‘automatic’ downloads. I’m 3/4 way through a book for ACX but I’m stymied how to proceed using the new version.

If I’m stuck with 3.2 is there a good tutorial?
Thanx, Tom

[u]Older Versions[/u].

I’m 3/4 way through a book for ACX but I’m stymied how to proceed using the new version.

It’s usually a bad idea to upgrade or change software in the middle of a project…

I’m pretty sure the new version can do everything you need but you may want to play-around with it after your important work is done.

Thanx, I’ve figured out most of it but after I recorded the new chapter, my RMS is too high. For instance, the ACX Check shows:
Peak -3.7 pass
RMS -28.2 fail
Noise -68.5 pass

The RMS is bad and I need to adjust it but don’t know how anymore … used to have an effect for that. I also used to use a Hum Removal effect but can’t find that either

Sooooo, I’m stuck with the RMS issue … can you bail me out???

Thanx, Tom

It’s an option under Loudness Normalization.

Effect → Volume and Compression → Loudness Normalization (Select “RMS”, not “Perceived Loudness”).

Then after adjusting/boosting, your peaks will fail so you’ll need to run the Limiter.

See the [u]Recommended Mastering Audiobook Process[/u].