Audacity 3.2.5 is out now!

Watch the release video: https://audacityteam.org/3.2.0-video

Audacity 3.2.0 is a gigantic release 22Sep22, adding

• VST3 support
  • Realtime effects
  • The ability to upload and share audio with our new sister service audio.com
  • And much more!

Update: Audacity 3.2 has been updated on 05Oct22 with some bug fixes for Version 3.2.1

Update: Audacity 3.2.2 has been released on 06Dec22. It adds realtime capabilities for VST2 effects. More info can be found in the changelog

Update: Audacity 3.2.3 has been released on 27Dec22. It adds realtime capabilities for four inbuilt Audacity effects. It also adds a new toolbar, hidden by default, for Cut, Copy and Paste. More info can be found in the changelog

Update: Audacity 3.2.4 has been released on 27Jan23. It provides a fix for the bug which caused the Meter Toolbars to not retain any modified sizing on relaunch.

Update: Audacity 3.2.5 has been released on 1Mar23. It fixes a bug where Audacity would spam audio.com with bad requests

See the Changelogs for more changes, or Download Audacity 3.2.2 now!

Has no-one told Martin about de-essing ? … https://youtu.be/DTRnDNR9LR8?t=102

Am I being over-sssensitive ? : judge for yourself …

de-esser settings used.png
Link to desibilator plugin … Updated De-Clicker and new De-esser for speech - #199 by Trebor

Hi!
I don’t even know where to file a bug report, but the latest version 3.2.1 has an issue with stability. I usually load 10-15 minutes long files, commonly at least two files in two stereo tracks, and whatever I do, Audacity becomes unresponsive (the bigger the file loaded, the more time needed). I witnessed even two times when it didn’t response at all, so I had to manually kill the process.
As I have used earlier 3.2.x GUI and I often use Linux version of the Audacity, now obsolete, I know this is a bug in latest version only.

P.S. As I can’t find a suitable way to address bug support, I hope some of the developers or team involved do read this forum.

Hey all,

Love most of the update, but there seem to be some really unfortunate choices that are forcing me to downgrade to the previous major version. I won’t talk too much about the interface changes (I can’t imagine why the volume sliders were put on top of the VU meters which just covers up part of your meter making it harder to see :unamused:)

The biggest issue I’m having is with copy/paste. When I select a part of a track or tracks to copy and paste, into a new track or project, it doesn’t just copy my selection it copies the whole track and just hides it so only my selection is shown. All the rest of the track data is there, and can be shown by expanding the track to reveal the underlying data (see the functionality described here). This is extremely unwanted for several reasons: It makes copy/pasting take significantly longer since if I select 10 seconds of a 2 hour track, it doesn’t just copy those 10 seconds, it copies that whole 2 hours. More annoyingly, it balloons the size of projects since there is all this unwanted data hidden behind the tracks for every part that was copied/pasted. I just want to be able to copy and paste a selection of audio and ONLY that selection of audio.

If I’m doing something wrong and there is a way to only copy the selected audio, please let me know, as I haven’t figure out a way just copy/paste the selected audio and nothing else. I also can’t figure out if there’s a way to trim the audio after pasting (the trim function just hides the unwanted audio instead of removing), and mixing and rendering the tracks is not a viable option.

Anyway, I wanted to share my feedback, and again, if there’s something I’m missing about the copy/paste functionality, please let me know, as this behavior was not present in version 3.1.3.I also apologize if this issue has already been raised, I was unable to find it in my search.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Likes

This issue has been reported to the developers here: Performance and file size issues when copying and pasting a small portion of a very large clip · Issue #3820 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

Thank you, I will do that!

And thank you, too, I will keep an eye on that thread.

All this help is much appreciated! :slight_smile:

29/10/21

Using v 3.2.1 under W10, I experience a ~1 sec delay when clicking the Play button or issuing the X command before a track is actually played.

This behaviour is really annoying when working intensively on tracks.

Is this effect intrinsic to the new v 3.2.1. ? (The effect was not present in the earlier version 3.2 !) Is there setting to be altered to avoid this delay ?

Thanks.

***Ruprecht

Bluetooth headphones, especially, will do this for you.

Other culprits could include a bluetooth keyboard and/or a buffer setting of 1000 msec in Edit > Preferences > Devices.

The problem of massive file size increases when pasting from one project to another is something we think we can fix pretty easily. In truth, this was a problem we didn’t predict.

As for performance issues, if anyone can provide examples of where it is happening to them and (ideally) a way for us to easily replicate the problem, that would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

I am using the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of the application.
Only version 3.1.3 is still available in the Microsoft Store. How do I upgrade to version 3.2.1?

Is it too early to ask what are feature goals for Audacity 3.3 ?

There’s this on Audacity’s GitHub account: Roadmap · audacity/audacity Wiki · GitHub

It’s really nice to see DAW functionality for future Audacity 4+. Can we get a rough estimate when Audacity 4 will release with this toolset?
Could you get more Audacity developers in for faster API and tools production ?

Olá,

Eu gostava de dar uma sugestĂŁo e era para mim um gosto que a fizessem para a prĂłxima versĂŁo do audacity.

Era para os plugins(efeitos), para os que são instalados automaticamente era para colocarem, esses efeitos com a opção para visualizarmos em tempo real se faz favor.

Obrigado.

até que os efeitos em tempo real estejam estáveis no Audacity, Experimente o concorrente gratuito

Great to see VST2! Included as well as VST3 :smiley: Thank you all at Audacity for all your hard work :heart:

This issue has been addressed in Audacity 3.2.2 which is now available here: Audacity ® | Downloads

Great! Thank you. :heart: Regard’s and happy new year, Joseph.

Thanks for working on Audacity?

Please, were is the Play-At-Speed bar gone in 3.2.3 ??

(Hi, I have to post this quick before being logged off, again.)

The default position has been moved down to the bottom of the main window.
If it’s not there, check that it is enabled in “View menu > Toolbars”.