audacity old version download

Where to download old version 3.1.3 for windows 8.1 ?

Most old versions of Audacity are available here: https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-old.html

Thank you so much Steve, I’ve found the 3.1.3 version and reinstalled it.
By the way, 3.2.0 version, the edit toolbar missing cut copy paste icon. Is there a way to put it back?

The new development team decided to remove several buttons. See: Missing features - Audacity Support
Cut / Copy / Paste is now available by right clicking on the waveform.

I see, thank you!

Thanks Steve this was very helpfull !!
I had the same questions about the missing tools ‘cut’-‘copy’-‘past’ in de edith Toolbar en did not like the new options in 3.2.0 at all.
Also noticed it costs a lot of time when I use ‘copy’ and ‘past’ in version 3.2.0; each time I was waiting about ~60 (to 90) seconds AC was ready.
I am happy I could downgrade tot the previous version 3.1.3

Paul

I have added a Feature Request to Muse’s GitHub issue tracker for:

Restore the Cut, Copy and Paste buttons as a new hidden (by default) toolbar #3693
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/issues/3693

Peter.

Thanks Peter!
Did you also noticed the time problem by using cut and past in the new version…?
“Also noticed it costs a lot of time when I use ‘copy’ and ‘past’ in version 3.2.0; each time I was waiting about ~60 (to 90) seconds AC was ready.”
That was the main problem for me to downgrade to the previous version.

Paul

Sorry, no I don’t.

I just tested on 3.2.0 on W10 with
a) a 3 minute song
b) a 2 hour project

and the Cut/Copy/Paste were instantaneous for me.

Peter.

It looks like these three buttons may be coming back as a new toolbar in the upcoming 3.2.3 release. I have just been testing the latest beta test build with this new toolbar.

It is hidden by default, but easy to reveal in the upper tooldock.

It’s possible that in 3.3.0 there may even be a Delete button added to the toolbar, as some users have requested.

Peter

It looks like these three buttons may be coming back as a new toolbar in the upcoming 3.2.3 release. I have just been testing the latest beta test build with this new toolbar.

It is hidden by default, but easy to reveal in the upper tooldock.

It’s possible that in 3.3.0 there may even be a Delete button added to the toolbar, as some users have requested.

Peter

They’re back! in 3.2.3 which was just released:
Copy-Paste.png
Note that you will need to enable them with View > Toolbars > Cut/Copy/Paste Toolbar.

Thank you Peter.

Yes. This is due to a feature extension in 3.2 of the “Smartclips” introduced in 3.1.

When only a small portion of a large clip is selected or copied, a link to the entire original (parent) track is also copied. This is normally not a problem when you copy the clip elsewhere in the same project, as the parent track is nearby, but whey you copy to a NEW or different project, the entire “parent” track must also be copied. If it is a large track, this can take a while.

To prevent this “extra” copy, first copy the selection to a new track in the original project that still has the “parent”. Then do a Mix and Render on this new track to delete the “parent” reference. Then copy the mixed track to the other project.

Or just go back to 3.1.3. :wink: