Logged errors on startup

Having used 2.1.3 & 2.3.2 on Windows 10 for a few years, Audacity stopped recording after the last W10 update. I decided to download/install 3.1.3 + FFmpeg & followed the supplied instructions, but recording from an online source via speaker input remains unsuccessful.

On startup, I get the following errors, and the library dll files being sought don’t seem to match those in the FFmpeg for Audacity directory. Is this [part of] the issue?
FFmpegLibrariesFound14-08-2022.png
FFmpegSource14-08-2022.png
FFmpeg4Audacity14-08-2022.png
AudacityLog16-08-2022.png

Please restart Audacity, save the log to a file (There’s a “Save” button at the bottom of the Audacity Log) and attach the log to your reply (see: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/how-to-attach-files-to-forum-posts/24026/1)

I suspect that those warnings are irrelevant, but can’t be sure without reading through the entire log.

Are you able to record from anything else (such as a microphone)?

Hi Steve - thanks for the response & apologies for delay in coming back to you - I didn’t receive an email notification.

I’ve changed some settings, e.g. using WASAPI as the host (MME previously). I can now record from the online source and from a mic, but the recording levels are low.
With the online source, the waveform display shows a range between c. 0.3 > -0.3 - that’s with online source volume at 100% & recording volume @ 1.0. Playback peaks at around -12 with speaker level @ 100%.

Log1 shows startup errors. Log2 after a recording as described.

Thanks.
log2_17-08-2022.txt (2.26 KB)
log17-08-2022.txt (1.08 KB)

Okay - this is obviously a different issue, so I’ll submit a new post re. recording levels.