RECORDING DOES NOT WORK (Solved)

AUDACITY3.PNG
Iam using Windows 10 / 11 and my version number is 3.1.3

I have been able to use Audacity for years to screen record audio snippets and clips off of various websites for years until recently this year I went to use audacity and the software doesn’t seem tobe able to record anything anymore… thats it I dont know what else to say I have recently updated my audacity software to the newest update and Iam still not able to record whatsoever… I keep closing out and and restarting the app and nothing happens. Occasionally Ill get the record line to move but once I go to export or to play back there is no recording of anysort… I dont understand I need help with this problem. Thank you.

Windows WASAPI doesn’t send a stream to Audacity to record until there is actually some audio coming out of your speakers.

Huh Iam confused with your response? … Im telling you there is audio clearly coming out of my speakers when using audacity and I select record and it dosent record the sound coming out of my speakers…

PROLBEM FIXED Myself looks like you have to make sure your audio INPUT and OUTPUT need tobe switched to what ever audio device your are using for your audio or else AUDACITY WILL NOT RECORD ANYSOUND! Thanks

PROLBEM FIXED Myself looks like you have to make sure your audio INPUT and OUTPUT need tobe switched to what ever audio device your are using for your audio or else AUDACITY WILL NOT RECORD ANYSOUND! Thanks
AUDACITY1.PNG