When i upload an audio file , the volume gets very low

Hi there, I need help. I always review my audio and verify that the volume is right but if i upload it into audacity the volume gets very low. I have been using Audacity for years and never have that issue. Off course, what i do is to amplify but it takes to long and the quality of the sound is not the same as the original. Can you please help me? thank you

Ensure that Audacity’s volume slider is turned fully up. (See: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/mixer_toolbar.html)

Off course, what i do is to amplify but it takes to long and the quality of the sound is not the same as the original.

Digital amplification does not damage the audio quality unless you allow [u]clipping[/u]. Audacity has already scanned your file and by default “allow clipping” is not checked.

As long as that box is not checked Amplify won’t allow you to push the peaks into clipping.

Except… If you are editing an MP3, they get decompressed when you open it for editing. If you then re-export as MP3 you are going through another generation of lossy compression and some damage does accumulate.