how to mute "trial" on every recording or for ood?

I have uninstalled and redownloaded audacity 3.1 several times. The voice saying TRIAL keeps coming. How can I get rid of this? (6/2/22) :cry:

Itā€™s probably a trial version of a plug-in thatā€™s causing the message. Check to see what trial version software you have installed.
Audacity from the Audacity website is a full version, not a trial or demo version (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/)

Thanks for the reply! I have downloaded the version of the link provided and ā€œtrialā€ keeps coming out. I run on windows 10 64 bit. I keep downloading the installer, should I get the zip?

Check through all audio plug-ins to find the one that is a trial version, and uninstall it.

For additional insight, do a google search on

where does audio ā€œtrialā€ watermark come from

Has anyone figured this out yet? So frustrating! I just want to record a set :tired_face:

Please try the suggestions that have already been given in this thread.

Apparently a trial-version of virtual-cable can be responsible for the female voice, (rather than a plugin in Audacity) , see ā€¦ Voz femenina durante la grabacion - #7 by Loren75 :es:

So I uninstalled the trial version but now I canā€™t record at all?

If you just want to record whatā€™s playing on the computer you donā€™t need virtual-cable,
just choose WASAPI as the host in Audacity, seeā€¦
https ://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_windows.html#wasapi

Iā€™m trying to record off serato via DJ controller.

If the sound is coming through the computer, Audacity can record it via WASAPI.

There are free (donation-ware) virtual cables & virtual mixers if you need to route multiple inputs into Audacity, ( e.g. DJ microphone & music sources )

Hi there,

It is not audacity, but the trial-version of virtual-cable that is responsible for the problem.
Just uninstall the trail version of virtual audio cable & install the Lite version (see link below)
Virtual Audio Cable - Downloads (muzychenko.net)

Kr,
Kristof