Blurry text

Just downloaded, all the text is really blurry and I don’t know how to fix it. Did I download it wrong or is there some setting I can use to fix the display text since it’s kinda hurting my eyes. I’m on windows 10 and I just got whichever version immediately downloaded which I assume is the latest.

I haven’t heard of this issue before, but I suppose it could be a Windows issue.

Make sure you download Audacity from: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

I did download from there so I’m not sure what could’ve caused it

Do you care to send a screen shot ?

You can tell the difference between the Audacity on top vs the file/edit/etc. If it affects anything else I don’t notice but it’s just the text that seems to have a problem, especially in the white spaces.
Screenshot (1).png

Have you looked at Microsoft ClearType ?

If in your Windows display settings you’ve got “change the size of text, apps and other items” set to greater than 100%, then the following may help:

1. Search for Audacity in the start menu, open the context menu of the search result and choose open file location. File explorer opens in a folder containing shortcuts for the start menu.
  2. The shortcut for Audacity will be selected. Open its context menu, and choose properties. Not unsurprisingly, a properties dialog opens.
  3. On the compatibility page of this dialog, click the “change hi dpi settings” button, another properties dialog open.
  4. Set the “override high dpi scaling behaviour” to be checked, and leave the “scaling performed by:” drop down list box set to Application.
  5. OK your way of the the dialogs.
    If that doesn’t help, you could try the other options of the “scaling performed by:” list box mentioned above.

This worked, thanks!