Solved: Project is read only (Unable to work with the blockfiles)

Problem solved itself. I was able to open it after typing this message. I’m still posting it in case it’s useful as a diagnostic.

What I was doing: I opened two different projects. When I tried to close the first one (the one that wouldn’t open later), there was a delay with the spinning circle. The I closed the second project. I don’t remember if I tried to close the first project again or it just closed itself. When I tried to open the first project again, I got this error. Both from Windows Explorer double-click and from Audacity File Open.

{
“timestamp”: 1652482920,
“event_id”: “b778ecdeca1d2f4188b87ac9b452c5b7”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.1.3”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Windows”,
“version”: “10.0.19044”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “Error_Opening_Project”,
“value”: “Project is read only\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.query”: “DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);”,
“sqlite3.rc”: “8”,
“sqlite3.context”: “ProjectGileIO::GetBlob”,
“log”: “18:01:59: Error: Failed to load (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n18:01:59: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n18:01:59: Error: Failed to load (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n18:02:00: Loaded 65 string Kb in size\n18:02:00: sqlite3 message: (8) statement aborts at 11: [DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);] attempt to write a readonly database\n18:02:00: DBConnection SetDBError\n\tErrorCode: 8\n\tLastError: Project is read only\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)\n\tLibraryError: attempt to write a readonly database\n”
}
}
}
]
}
}

I’m glad to hear your projects apparently fixed themselves. :smiley:

BTW, error code “8” indicates, “The SQLITE_READONLY result code is returned when an attempt is made to alter some data for which the current database connection does not have write permission.” See here for additional SQLite error codes: Result and Error Codes