Can't export Wav 16 bit

I’m using windows 10 and LG CD/DVD player/burner to create CD that will play in my 1990 Pioneer CD player. I do have CD Burn XP app to burn the wav format.

But Here is the problem I think, I fire up the Audacity program and import the music I want and then convert it to wav 44100HZ and 16 bit. Then I export it to my desktop. Burning a CD with CD Burn XP will not work in my Pioneer player. Still lacked something, so I checked the music and imported it again to Audacity, it came back as wav 44100HZ but 32 bit. Need help

Audacity doesn’t have Get INFO. If you want to analyze a sound file, you should do it in a stand-alone analyzer such as Media Info.

https://forum.audacityteam.org/posting.php?mode=reply&f=46&t=123169

Alternately, find someone with a Mac.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 3.10.09 PM.png
Audacity does everything internally at 32-bit floating to avoid distortions and overload problems during editing. The downside is the need to convert twice, once in, and then again out.

Koz

To analyze it doesn’t help me, I need 16 bit

I need 16 bit

Do you know it’s not 16-bit now? You can’t use Audacity as a tester.

File > Export > Export as WAV.

The sample rate is in the lower left corner.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 17.24.53.png
Koz

There’s no shortage of ways to miss this.

You can burn a Data CD instead of an Audio CD by accident. CD blanks will do either one. Only one plays music.

You can burn disks too fast or two slow giving you sloppy data tracks

You can use the wrong disks. CD-R is recommended and it should say so.

You can have old disks. The data side of home burning CD-R is a cousin to the dyes used in Color Photography. They get old and stop working.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 17.35.02.png
Nobody wrote you can’t have more than one problem.

Koz

I am using a CD-R, burning at 8x speed, and making sure it is an audio file to burn. I know the blank CDs are good because those I did burn will play in my DVD/CD player for the TV. I did download Media Info and installed the file of wav I checked and it is 16 bit. On my older computer I built back in 04 I was able to burn CDs for the Pioneer player. I’m still stumped.

This may be the problem, I have newer burners on my computer but the burning process of the new vs the older burners don’t have Red House writing capability, I think it is Red House or something Red. I have searched for such burners with no luck.

I am sending music tapes off to a company that does convert analog to digital CDs, the only reason I’m doing so is because I can burn a music CD that will work in my Pioneer player. I was going to update to a newer 5 disk player but it is too tall to fit into my entertainment center and I don’t want to buy a new entertainment center. I have the equipment to transfer tape to the computer, but.

It is red book audio CD

It’s your burning software that determines whether you’re making an audio CD or burning WAV files onto the disc, not the hardware. I haven’t used CDBurner XP so I don’t know how to configure it.

Either kind of disc will play on the computer and most DVD players will play “computer” audio/video file so if you can play the disc on your computer, but not in the CD player, that may be a clue.

And although you should make 44.1kHz WAV files, most burning applications can convert all of the common audio formats to CD audio.

CDBurner XP and Nero both of them I have to make audio CDs and neither will make an audio CD that will play in my 90s Pioneer CD player but will play in my DVD/CD player.

Some older players are finicky with burned CDs. Some early DVD players had similar issues. Did the Pioneer ever play burned CDs?

I could burn audio CDs with nero in my computer that was built in 04 that would play in the Pioneer CD player. I no longer have those burners and this computer I built in 12 can’t burn an audio CD that will play in that player. As I said earlier, the new burners have got away from the old red book standard is what I understand, thus won’t play in old CD players. I haven’t checked if I buy a new CD to see if it will play in my old player.

Windows Media would burn Audio CDs.

You can have ordinary age problems. The CD player in my truck collected enough dust on the lasers over time that it became very particular about what it would play and what it wouldn’t. I changed it to a new one of the same model and the problem vanished.

I’m viewing this from the 10,000 foot level and it seems everything in your world works properly except the Pioneer.

Koz

I could burn audio CDs with nero in my computer that was built in 04 that would play in the Pioneer CD player.

Do you still have those CDs?

There should be an easy way to figure-out if you have a Redbook audio CD but I’m at work I don’t have a CD to experiment with…

I kinda’ think Windows shows something like “Track01.WAV” even though it doesn’t really have WAV files but you shouldn’t be able to drag a file from the CD to your hard drive. If you see a file name like “White Christmas.WAV” in Windows explorer, that’s not an audio CD. (Windows Media Player or other player software will often show the song & album title, etc., but audio CDs don’t have actual file names.)

…The documentation for your burning application may say “CD-DA” (CD-digital audio) or simply “Audio CD” instead of “Redbook”.

I had a similar problem as Koz. The CD player in my car started having trouble with burned CDs and I had to get it repaired. As far as I remember it was OK with commercial CDs but maybe some of those were giving me trouble too… Now I’ve got an iPod hook-up in my vehicles, and I’m out-of-date again! …No Bluetooth.

I ride with my music on USB sticks for the car :sunglasses:

Peter

I have a lense cleaner and use it all the time. I did find a music CD I made with my old computer and it works in my Pioneer player. That old computer had been upgraded several times until 2012. Memory, CPU, and OS to XP, I still have the second set of CD player/burner (2) that was put installed in early 2011 and they were made in 2011. I was hoping they were the first set but no luck, the old ones must not have worked well with an update of XP or something. The problem got to where I couldn’t add more memory and maxed out at 2 GBs.

Of course we’re just guessing… You never know what the problem is until it’s (hopefully) solved. But I don’t think the problem is your burner or your software. I’ve never seen a burner that can’t burn both “data” and audio CDs. And as far as I know, all burning applications can do both too.

I have many music CDs, several days of playing time from the 50s through the 90s that I purchased in the 90s and early 2000s, they all play well on my Pioneer player and they are all WAV format. So I’m sure it is the burner that doesn’t have Redhouse standards.

Oh well, I hope the tapes I’m sending of to be put to CD works. Thank you all for your help and I will let you know if the converted taps to CD pan out.

I purchased in the 90s and early 2000s, they all play well on my Pioneer player

You purchased blank discs and burned them?

…So I did some experiments (I’m using Windows 10) - If you have a regular audio CD in your CD drive and you right-click and select “Open” you’ll see:
Track01.cda
Track01.cda
etc…

My memory was wrong and it doesn’t say “WAV”. If you right-click one of those cda files and then click “Properties”, it says the file size is 44 bytes. You can copy & paste or drag those files to your hard drive but of course it’s not an actual audio file and they won’t play.

Here’s something else you can try - There is an old Nero program called DiscSpeed. If you have your old Nero disc you may already have it, or you can download it [u]here[/u]. It checks the read-speed and it’s a good way to find-out if your burned disc is good. It makes a graph of speed over the surface of the disc and if everything is working smoothly you’'ll see smooth graphs, If there are errors it will slow-up and re-try and you’ll see a “glitch” in the graph. Try a known-good CD first so you know what the graph looks like. All you have to do is load in DiscSpeed is click “start”.

Of course, you are using the drive in your computer so you could still a problem on the Pioneer player but it’s usually tells you if there is a problem with the burned disc.

I was going to update to a newer 5 disk player but it is too tall to fit into my entertainment center

I think I paid around $50 USD for my Blu-Ray player. It’s really small and it plays almost everything. But… it doesn’t have analog outputs or a display for the track number (any “display” is on the TV) and most of the controls only exist on the remote.

The CDs I purchased were music CDs already burned, I did not burn them, the music CD I did burn with my old computer before installing the new CD burners is the CD I tested to see if my Pioneer player would play it and the player did play the CD.

This is the read rate if my computer Read/Write
HL-DT-STDVDRAM_GH24NS70_GN00_26-January-2022_22_10.png