Using Mobilepre with Audacity to check my preamp

I’m a bit new to this and am trying to use Avid Mobilepre to see why my custom-made preamp has developed a hum. I’m using a M-Mobile Avid Mobilepre MK II. I’ve found the Mobilepre drivers and will update them on the laptop. Do I need the Avid pro tools too, to install Mobilepre to do the test, if I’m using Audacity to see and save data or just ignore it? I don’t have the CD and have looked for the software, but without luck.
I’ve connected the XLR cable left and right (one at a time, seperately) from preamp out to Mobilepre in. None of the buttons in from are depressed. Gain on XLR in (left or right) is turned all the way up to maximum. A signal went from preamp, thru the Mobilepre, to laptop via USB. Audacity (V 2.0.6) is set to Mobilepre as the input source. It records but at a low volume. The data’s useable. Here’s a screenshot of the left xlr being played back. Am I using the best settings in audacity to record a hum?

I’m using these tests to isolate if the hum is coming from ground loops, components or another source.

Am I using the best settings and is there a better way to do this?

Link to the screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/pMYhmr6

Do I need the Avid pro tools too,

No.

Noise around -42dB “looks bad” but of course the more amplification you have the more the noise gets amplified and the Mobile Pre is probably adding more amplification, plus whatever noise it generates. What’s important is the signal-to-noise ratio.

if I’m using Audacity to see and save data or just ignore it?

That’s up to you! But you can only save the audio data, not the spectrum plot.