Can't Find FFmpeg_v2.2.2...exe

Hi,
I’m following the instructions at:
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/audacity/help/manual/man/installing_ffmpeg_for_windows.html

Step 3 in the instructions reference the exe…
FFmpeg Install Instructions.jpg
However when I go to the download site:
https://lame.buanzo.org/ffmpeg64audacity.php

The installer exe is there but not the file referenced in step 3:
FFmpeg_v2.2.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows_64bit(1).exe

I’ve tried the manual process with the zip file but can’t find the library, so would be great if I could follow the original (non zip) instructions.

Any help would be appreciated,
Paul V

I have a related question (won’t repeat here) but I think that wiki is outdated as Audacity 3.1.x per release notes is supposed to allow more recent versions of ffmpeg libraries to be used.

scott s.

I agree - the instructions seem to be incorrect. On my machine, after first checking with Windows Defender that there was no virus, I double-clicked on “FFmpeg_v2.2.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows_64bit.exe” (no need for ‘(1)’) which then took me to step 4, and the following steps went smoothly.

So Peter, if you are listening, change step 3 from

Left-click FFmpeg_v2.2.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows_64bit(1).exe to launch the installer…

to

Double-click FFmpeg_v2.2.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows_64bit.exe to launch the installer…

(I need to stay out of the virus discussions. :wink: )

I’ve made that correction in the alpha-manual. (The release manual cannot be edited),

Thanks, Steve. If you could also change the “Left-click” to “Double-Click” that would be good. :wink:

Thanks All,

I’ll give that a try.