Project is corrupt

Hi,

I have a .aup3 file I’ve recorded just a few moments ago. I was unable to save it as a .wav file, and now that I’ve restarted my computer I get a message saying "Project is corrupt (unable to work with blockfiles).

Here’s the log which shows underneath:

15:22:32: Error: Could not parse file “E:\Audacity\Indian separatists 3.aup3”.
Error: Project is corrupt
(Unable to work with the blockfiles)
15:26:04: sqlite3 message: (11) database corruption at line 70749 of [7ebdfa80be]
15:26:04: sqlite3 message: (11) statement aborts at 8: [DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);] database disk image is malformed
15:26:04: DBConnection SetDBError
ErrorCode: 11
LastError: Project is corrupt
(Unable to work with the blockfiles)
LibraryError: database disk image is malformed

I made three recordings this afternoon in the same session on Audacity, and had no problem with the other two.

If anyone could help me recover this it would be much appreciated!

So if you care to zip it up and upload it to a public file sharing service, then post (or PM me) a link, I’ll look at it.

Thank you so much! I’ve zipped it up and put it on my Google Drive with the share setting set to “anyone with the link.” Please let me know if you need it shared in a different way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R31xuSERoQlpAhdKEa0rWs6rPvW2uauN/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again!

I have PM’d the link to a “recovered” project. :smiley:

It worked! Thank you SOOOOOO much. You’ve pretty much saved me half a day’s work trying to re-record that. I REALLY appreciate it!

You are quite welcome. Thanks for the favorable report back. :smiley:

I received this same “Project is corrupt” error last night on a 560MB AUP3 that I spent quite a few hours working on. I had already finished and exported it to WAV and it seems okay so I don’t desperately need it fixed, but is there any information I can provide that would help figure out why this is happening? It could be really unpleasant if it happens at the wrong time.

The details were:
{
“timestamp”: 1642695678,
“event_id”: “cb99fbde81290b4e8b7d61f5b9ea8d3d”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.1.3”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Windows”,
“version”: “10.0.19042”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “Error_Opening_Project”,
“value”: “Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.query”: “DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);”,
“sqlite3.rc”: “11”,
“sqlite3.context”: “ProjectGileIO::GetBlob”,
“log”: “11:21:16: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n11:21:16: Error: Failed to load (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n11:21:18: Loaded 275 string Kb in size\n11:21:18: sqlite3 message: (11) database corruption at line 71416 of [1b256d97b5]\n11:21:18: sqlite3 message: (11) statement aborts at 8: [DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);] database disk image is malformed\n11:21:18: DBConnection SetDBError\n\tErrorCode: 11\n\tLastError: Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)\n\tLibraryError: database disk image is malformed\n”
}
}
}
]
}
}

So it is possible that a corrupt file could be caused by a physical disk error or possibly by a networked virtual drive.

If you want me to look at it, zip it up, upload it, and post (or PM me) a link to it. :smiley:

Hello, I have the same problem and I do not understand… Yesterday the file worked perfectly and this morning impossible to open it… Here is the error message if someone can help me it would be very nice :slight_smile:.

{
    "timestamp": 1642749244,
    "event_id": "717f8a135c69c848a4c6add8251b379c",
    "platform": "native",
    "release": "audacity@3.1.3",
    "contexts": {
        "os": {
            "type": "os",
            "name": "Windows",
            "version": "10.0.19044"
        }
    },
    "exception": {
        "values": [
            {
                "type": "Error_Opening_Project",
                "value": "Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)",
                "mechanism": {
                    "type": "runtime_error",
                    "handled": false,
                    "data": {
                        "sqlite3.query": "DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);",
                        "sqlite3.rc": "11",
                        "sqlite3.context": "ProjectGileIO::GetBlob",
                        "log": "08:13:53: Error: Couldn't find symbol 'avcodec_free_context' in a dynamic library (error 127: La procédure spécifiée est introuvable.)\n08:13:55: Loaded 141 string 10,191406 Kb in size\n08:14:04: sqlite3 message: (11) database corruption at line 66843 of [1b256d97b5]\n08:14:04: sqlite3 message: (11) database corruption at line 66993 of [1b256d97b5]\n08:14:04: sqlite3 message: (11) statement aborts at 8: [DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);] database disk image is malformed\n08:14:04: DBConnection SetDBError\n\tErrorCode: 11\n\tLastError: Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)\n\tLibraryError: database disk image is malformed\n"
                    }
                }
            }
        ]
    }
}

So if you care to zip up your .aup3 project file, upload it to a public file sharing service, then post (or PM me) a link, I’ll take a look at it.

Hello :slight_smile:
Here is the link of the shared folder containing the file corrupt.zip. I hope this will work. Tell me if not.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10F6XP_RUVhoKhSmctNeKwEjiCHT20NlI?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot for trying to help me !

So I shut down one PC and moved my project on an external to another one.

I try and open the .AUP file and get the Invalid or Corrupt error

Here’s what’s in the log

12:33:35: Audacity 3.1.3
12:33:35: sqlite3 message: (1) no such table: project in “SELECT 1 FROM project LIMIT 1;”
12:33:36: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-58.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
12:33:36: Error: Failed to load avformat-58.dll (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
12:33:36: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-57.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
12:33:36: Error: Failed to load avformat-57.dll (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
12:33:36: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-55.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
12:33:36: Error: Failed to load avformat-55.dll (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)

I’ve been working on this for 2 weeks and I would hate to start over

I have no idea how I missed this post! Anyway, I am downloading your file now.

Also, see the next post on this thread which I am about to make…

This post contains instructions on how to go about repairing or recovering from a corrupt project file: Corrupt or Otherwise Broken Audacity Project Recovery

I have had very good results using this tool to recover “broken” projects.

BTW, the errors noted in the log are unrelated to the corrupted file.

I couldn’t understand how I had missed your post - apparently, I hadn’t as my records show that I previously downloaded your file and repaired it, but for some reason, I was interrupted and I failed to return it to you. Anyway, I was able to rescue your repaired file from my trash basket, so I didn’t need to reprocess it. I PM’d you a link to the recovered file. :smiley:

Again, sorry for the delay. In the future if someone fails to respond to a post within 24 or 48 hours, you can simple create a new post with the simple message: bump. No one’s feelings will be hurt, as these things happen. :smiley: