Unable to parse project information / Project is corrupt

I’m using Audacity 3.1.3
Windows 11 Home version 21H2

I encountered an error while exporting a prerecorded radio show which combined music tracks (mp3) and voice recording in mono on a Scarlet Focusrite and a Shure PGA27 mic. I encountered an error while exporting and when I attempted to reopen the file, I get the following messages.

When attempting to open the original file, I get this.

Project is corrupt. Unable to work with the blockfiles.
{
“timestamp”: 1638814930,
“event_id”: “f41f550255fe1d4a86842246b1322495”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.1.3”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Windows”,
“version”: “10.0.22000”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “Error_Opening_Project”,
“value”: “Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.query”: “DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);”,
“sqlite3.rc”: “11”,
“sqlite3.context”: “ProjectGileIO::GetBlob”,
“log”: “13:22:05: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n13:22:05: Error: Failed to load (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n13:22:10: Loaded 168 string Kb in size\n13:22:10: sqlite3 message: (11) database corruption at line 71416 of [1b256d97b5]\n13:22:10: sqlite3 message: (11) statement aborts at 8: [DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);] database disk image is malformed\n13:22:10: DBConnection SetDBError\n\tErrorCode: 11\n\tLastError: Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)\n\tLibraryError: database disk image is malformed\n”
}
}
}
]
}
}

When I attempt to open a duplicate backup of the file, I got a message that it was "Unable to parse project information, and the following error code.

{
“timestamp”: 1638815027,
“event_id”: “a2a1591aef062a4098b923d305e1b7d1”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.1.3”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Windows”,
“version”: “10.0.22000”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “Error_Opening_Project”,
“value”: “Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.query”: “DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);”,
“sqlite3.rc”: “11”,
“sqlite3.context”: “ProjectGileIO::GetBlob”,
“log”: “13:23:46: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n13:23:46: Error: Failed to load (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)\n13:23:46: Loaded 168 string Kb in size\n13:23:46: sqlite3 message: (11) database corruption at line 71416 of [1b256d97b5]\n13:23:46: sqlite3 message: (11) statement aborts at 8: [DELETE FROM sampleblocks WHERE NOT inset(blockid);] database disk image is malformed\n13:23:46: DBConnection SetDBError\n\tErrorCode: 11\n\tLastError: Project is corrupt\n(Unable to work with the blockfiles)\n\tLibraryError: database disk image is malformed\n”
}
}
}
]
}
}

I’m hoping the file is rescuable and that someone can help.

So if you care to zip up your .aup3 project file and upload it to a file sharing service, then post (or PM me) a link, I’ll take a look at it.

Hi jademan, thanks for the response! As I’m brand-new here I’m unable to PM. I uploaded the (unzipped) file to Dropbox if that will work.
Do you only need to look at the .aup3 file or do you also need the imported music tracks?
(if push comes to shove, the placement of the music tracks is less important to me than having to re-record all the narration I recored already.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plrkbyeom7rrjte/Piero%20Piccioni%20Centennial%20-%20Copy.aup3?dl=0

You have a huge project and I was able to look at a very tiny snippet so far. What I saw looks promising. :smiley: Keep your fingers crossed. :smiley: I’ll get back with you tomorrow.

OK; I was able to recover most of your project. There is a hole left in the center, which I believe you should be able to fill in fairly easily. The project is being uploaded now - it looks like this will take a couple of hours. I’ll PM you the link when it is done.

I just PM’d you with the link. :smiley:

Amazing! Thank you so much!
I’ll download it when I get off work in a little bit - I’ll let you know when I have it on my end.

I’m still rather in awe of the small miracle you pulled off, jademan. Here’s the finished product for anyone who might enjoy listening, with a newly recorded shout-out to you at the beginning.

https://soundcloud.com/playmorriconefm/play-morricone-for-me-12-7-21-piero-piccioni-centennial?si=f36a2dbc3584481da995be11410fbcbf&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

:smiley: :astonished: :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :blush: :ugeek: :wink: