Recording LP with ART USB Plus interface

I’m trying to record an LP with an ART USB Plus interface which I recently purchased.
I set the monitor levels for recording and after maybe 30 seconds the monitor signal freezes an produces a pulsing digital tone. I’ve sent the interface back to the factory & received it back in the same condition. I’m going crazy!
I’m using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro.
Processor Intel(R) Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Can someone PLEASE help?

Try plugging headphones into the interface and set it to monitor the “pre amp”. Then listen without actually running Audacity. If you hear the same problem it’s the interface (since the computer isn’t involved).

It’s possible to create a feedback loop if you select the “wrong” recording device. Make sure to select the USB device as your [u]Recording Device[/u]. Do NOT select “stereo mix” or anything that says “loopback”.

When I monitor the sound with headset from the USB Phono Plus I can hear the LP, but the microphone monitoring bar freezes. I’ve tried shutting off the playthrough & it still freezes.Is it the interface or the software?
Audacity freeze.jpg

It ended up being a problem with the USB cable!
After all that I spoke with someone else at ART and they suggested that can be a problem. New cable- no problems!
Thanks for the suggestions. :sunglasses::+1: