Audacity failed to read from a file in C :.

Hi all,

I am having issue open my audacity file, I was able to open the file few mins ago but I can’t open it now. :neutral_face:
Here is the error code :
{
“timestamp”: 1638173932,
“event_id”: “746e4b5c6d5f364db3a2216b084e5453”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.1.2”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Windows”,
“version”: “10.0.19043”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “File_Error”,
“value”: “Audacity failed to read from a file in :.”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.rc”: “101”,
“sqlite3.context”: “SqliteSampleBlock::Load::step”
}
}
}
]
}
}

Is there any way to save my file?
Just in case I uploaded my file, the file is too large so I upload on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YDU8pfzBXI8l_obnvjRTGXke6TBZmUYA/view?usp=sharing

I used DB Browser to swap the project and autosave records. I have PM’d you the result. It is a short 3 1/2 minute recording. :smiley:

Thank you so much for your help!!! :smiley:

You are welcome. I’m glad I was able to help. :smiley:

Hi, I keep having the exact same problem! Could you explain how you fixed this? I’d be very grateful :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

For an explanation, you can follow this thread: PLEASE HELP - RECOVER AUP3 FILE

Thanks for the link!

This is the result:
SQL integrity check 1.png
Any advice you have would be much appreciated. I don’t really know what I’m doing but I’d love to learn because this isn’t the first time I’ve had this problem!

So based on your image, you did not make it the entire way through the thread. :frowning:

In any event should you care to zip up your original .aup3 file and upload it, etc. I’ll take a look at it. :smiley: Note that in many cases the project is permanently damaged and cannot be recovered. :frowning:

I did read the whole thread, but it seemed like you were giving advice specific to that person’s situation, and tbh I think I’m too unfamiliar with SQL and databases to really understand what was going on. Thanks anyway for your help, but I’m just going to leave it.

Yes - there is no need to get hung up on this record swapping. It only saves one in maybe two dozen broken projects. Most projects with this error need a different solution, or more often, cannot be rescued at all.

Regardless, my earlier offer still stands…

Many thanks for the offer!