How do I delete the same 30 secs off ALL tracks at once

Hi Folks

I am new to Audacity and I am using version 2.22 on windows 7
I have so far successfully recorded 7 tracks but the song is too long and I want to delete 30 secs out of the middle of the song on all of the tracks. Is there a way I can do this in foul swoop and not have to go through each track individually?

Thank you for any help. :wink:

Can use the mouse to select the same interval across multiple tracks …

However odds are you will have individually repair each of the the joined tracks to avoid a click at the join

Alternatively a cross-fade could blend all the joins at once, but there would need to be an overlap, (say<1 sec).

Is there a way I can do this in foul swoop and not have to go through each track individually?

What he said. You can’t blind cut the middle of a song without a click or pop at the cut points.

There are ways around that, but then you may not be able to hit the 30 second marks.

You also won’t be able to keep the musical rhythm and theme. Anybody tapping their foot to the music is going to have a surprise at the cut point.

What’s the application? Why do you need that? That may give us a better idea how to work around this.

Koz

To answer your question directly, leaving to one side any issues about clicks at the edit points:

1. Make a selection in one track
  2. “Selection menu > Tracks > In all tracks”
  3. Delete