cannot import AUP3 format, Use file> open instead

hey, hope you all are fine, i need your help, i saved my project, but now when i open the project it gives a message " cannot improt AUP3 format, use file > open istead, when i click on project file it show 226 MB data in it, but file is not opening, please help me out.

And you don’t say what happens when you try File > Open…

If you are still having problems opening your .aup3 file, zip it up and upload it to a public file sharing service such as dropbox or google drive. Post (or PM me) the link. I’ll take a look at it.

i tried that, but same message was there.

and m trying to zip the file, but unfortunately that’s not happening.

One way to zip a file in Windows is to create a “new Compressed (zipped) Folder”, and then drag your .aup3 file into it.

no it’s not working, it stop working in 76% and give a message " Read error in the file…

even its not coping from one drive to another.

OK, this issue is out of my comfort zone. Perhaps others will chime in on some ideas. In the meantime, here are some thoughts:

1. How big is your file? Make sure there is room on your destination drive and that the drive is NTFS. (FAT32 drives may not be able to hold larger files).

2. Right-click on the file and run Windows Defender on it. Note if Defender finds any issues with the drive.

3. Right-click on the drive the file is located in. Select Properties > Tools > Error Checking > Check (note this is likely to take a long time)

4. At the Start Menu, (Windows System) > right-click on ‘Command Prompt’ > “chkdsk /f /r” - this could take a while and will likely require a reboot. For details, see chkdsk | Microsoft Learn