Get serious about the versions and OS's

I had several problems with the Audacity 3 versions.

I do commend the compacting into one file but that will never help fixing anything.

I found that by using the 3 version in Windows 7 Pro 32 bit outputting multiple files in wav or compatible forms for Audacity 2 versions then running Windows XP SP3 to put them back together once again worked perfectly.

I would avdise knowing the bit rate etc. before you output the individual tracks so you know what to use when putting them back together.

As an Engineer I can tell you that using twice the sample rate of the highest frequency will be fine so if one can hear up to 16Khz than 32 sample rate will be fine. 44.1k seems to be the new standard even if you have dogs.

I do NOT have dogs so I will likely reinstall the older version of Audacity in Windows 7 and worry about the Win10 stuff even though I do have Audacity on Win10.

So DOGOFF with the 3 versions. They keep xchanging the latency settings.

Smell bad!! Slobber too much!!!

As previously explained, Windows 7 is obsolete and no longer supported.
As an engineer, I’m sure that you understand that it is unreasonable to expect obsolete technology supported indefinitely, especially for highly complex technology such as computer systems.

As an engineer I would have expected that you would know that signal filters always have a filter slope, so to support a 16 kHz audio frequency the sample rate must be more than 32 kHz. Nevertheless, I agree that 32 kHz sample rate is sufficient for many audio uses.
(Some interesting comparisons of resampling software: https://src.infinitewave.ca/)

44.1 kHz was selected as the standard for audio CDs as it provides a theoretical bandwidth greater than 20kHz, which allows a bit of room for the filter slope to achieve a practical bandwidth of 20 kHz (which is commonly quoted as the upper limit of human hearing)