Wav file not burning

Hello,
When I try to burn a cd from a mix I have done error always occurs. My mix does have a lot of tracks, but I have not had this problem before 3.0, 3.2 etc. Does anyone have this problem?

Mark

Standard audio CDs have a limit of 99 tracks.

Thank you for the reply. I am not trying to burn all of the tracks, I’m just trying to burn the daily mix.
Unless I’m missing something. In other versions I would be completed for that day and save the project and then export as a wav file (with not a problem) and then try to burn to a disc and then error…every time. So I have to export as mp3 (which the sound quality sucks) and then convert it to a wav file and then it burns (not a good reference).

Thank you again,
Mark

What happens now?
Which version of Audacity are you now using?
What options are you setting for WAV export? 16-bit?

That I do not know, or how to set that. I’m not so computer inclined as I would like to be. Do you know how to set the bit rate?

It’s actually the bit depth* and it’s the number of bits in a sample (i.e. 44,100 samples per second)…

When you get to the window for the file name you’ll see…
File name:
Save as type: Microsoft (WAV)
Encoding: Signed 16-bit PCM

The Project Rate (sample rate) is in the lower left of the main Audacity window and for CDs it should be 44,100Hz.

The last parameter/characteristic is the number of channels and CDs are 2-channel stereo.

Most burning software will make any necessary conversions but if you’re having problems, starting with 16-bit, 44.1kHz, stereo may solve those problems.

So I have to export as mp3 (which the sound quality sucks) and then convert it to a wav file and then it burns (not a good reference).

Weird!.. That shouldn’t be necessary, but do you know the difference in the “good” and “bad” WAV files? (Bit depth, sample rate, number of channels?)

And are you converting from MP3 to WAV in Audacity ore with a different application?

…MP3 doesn’t always “suck”. At high quality/bitrate settings it can often sound identical to the original or it can be hard to hear the difference. But it is a lossy format and it is “bad practice” to make a lossy file when you don’t really want or need one.

\

• Bit rate is the number of bits-per second. With audio files we normally show/calculate it as kbps. There are 8-bits in a byte so you can use the bit rate to calculate file size. Normally, bit rate is used with compressed files (i.e. MP3) as an indication of the amount of compression, and with lossy compression it relates somewhat to quality because more data is thrown-away to get a lower bit rate (and a smaller file). Although its not often used with lossless files, we can calculate the bit rate of CD audio as 16 x 44.1K x 2 channels = 1411kbps.