Waves VST plugin won't enable

I’ve upgraded to Audacity v 3.0.4 on my WIndows 10 64 bit OS.
I was successfully using the Waves loudness meter (WLM) VST plugin on the 32-bit version of Audacity. I did have to fuss around a bit to get it to work, and Waves support said they don’t support Audacity.

With the 64-bit version of Audacity this plugin won’t activate. I have obtained the 64-bit version of the plugin and the Waves folder containing it is located in the C:/program files/Audacity/Plug-Ins folder.
The plug-in shows up when I go to Effect (or Analyze) and click Add / Remove Plug-ins. There are five lines pointing to these 5 files:

WaveShell1-VST 12.7_x64.dll
WaveShell1-WPAPI_2 12.7.dll
WavesLib1.14_12.7_Win64.dll
WLM.dll
WLM Plus.dll

When I enable them and click OK I get error messages:

WLM Plus.dll failed to register: Could not load the library
WLM.dll failed to register: Could not load the library
Then I get a window that says “Enabling effect or command” and it lists the other WLM.dll, WaveShell1-VST 12.7_x64.dll, WavesLib1.14_12.7_Win64.dll files; then it flashes another error window for a fraction of a second, too quick for me to read it.

I’m wondering if there is a way to get this to work or if I should go back to a 32-bit version of Audacity and the plug-in.

The 64-bit version of the VST may be a later type (VST3?) which is not supported in Audacity.
[ Whereas the 32-bit version is just plain VST, which is usually supported in Audacity ].

https ://www.waves.com/plugins/wlm-loudness-meter#tab-tech-specs|tab-supported-hosts

Waves loudness meter

[u]dpMeter[/u] and [u]Youlean Loudness Meter[/u] both work in Audacity.

Assuming you’re running 64-bit Audacity, install the 64-bit VST2 version.

If you are now using the 64-bit version of Audacity, you may need to uninstall the 32-bit version of the plug-in so that you have only the 64-bit version of the plug-in.

Thanks for the responses.
Awkward to be trying to make something work that is not supported.
Waves plugins are now V12 in their scheme.
I rolled back to V10 of the plugin and installed the 32-bit version of Audacity v3.04 and got the plugin working.
The V11 and V12 versions didn’t work for me.