spoken recording for videos -- how to change a wrong word(s)

Hello, and thank you in advance for any help!
This is not really a technical question.
I create some videos on youtube, and i record onn audacity long text with my voice, for the audio track of the videos.
If i make a mistake and correct it right away, then I know how to fix it.
Example: I read out “I went back home very tried tired on that day” I make the correction right away by saying ‘tired’, and then I can edit the correction very easily, by deleting ‘tried’.
But if add “tired” the following day for example, because i did not notice it immediately, then it will never sound the same. The correction will be very audible and not nice. So i will have to remake the whole track from the beginning.
So my question here is: in a simple way, which effects, settings, or tricks are useful on audacity in correcting a text with a word that sounds different from the rest of the text, to making the difference or the correction (what i call bandaid) the least audible?

But if add “tired” the following day for example, because i did not notice it immediately, then it will never sound the same. The correction will be very audible and not nice. So i will have to remake the whole track from the beginning.

You’ll probably just have to do your best to be consistent and “sound like yourself”. And of course, re-record at least one sentence, not just one word.

Post Production corrections are notoriously difficult to do. Much better to do the correction right then when your voice pitch, emphasis, and interpretation match the rest of the track.

The Big Kids sit the actor down in a good studio and record the corrections many times. They pick the best one to put in the movie.

One trick could be set up for overdubbing and announce the sentence ahead of the correction right along with the playback.

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_multi_track_overdubs.html

Obviously, the room and the microphone position and spacing need to perfectly match. This is not easy.

I had a home video once where they tried to change the script in post production. It was such a hatchet job that I thought for a long time I had a damaged tape. No, they actually recorded it that way.

All the above is assuming you have a plain ordinary microphone and recording setup. If you have any of the many automatic voice processing or sound corrections on your microphone or computer, you will never get the new voice to match.

This is easier to get wrong than you think. Do you use Zoom or Skype? Sometimes Zoom will leave its voice processing in the background even if the actual program is off.

Koz

Have you tried these suggestions: Tutorial - Punch-in repair of recordings ?