"Could not find the project data folder"

Audacity: 3.0.2 (files were created under 2.3.3)

The .aup file is in my ‘Documents’ folder. The folder, with the same file name, is IN the folder as well. I am not sure why Audacity seems to be turning a blind eye to the folder(s). The file was created under 2.x. I installed 3.0.2 to see if perhaps it was somehow able to see the forest for the trees.

The text inside the .aup file lists the project name just like the AUP file AND the _data folder name.

<project xmlns="> Audacity download | SourceForge.net> " projname=“dad_cassette_side_B_lossless_data” version=“1.3.0” audacityversion=“2.3.3”

Inside is a wav and another folder:
Screenshot_project_folder3.jpg
inside of that are more folders, each of which contain many .au files:
Screenshot_project_folder2.jpg

The project file named +NR does open, but seems to be linked to a single .wav inside the data file for some reason. It was made by using “save project as” from the original project file of the same name. The only difference is I applied the noise reduction filter. I saved a copy to preserve the original in the event I didn’t like the results or wanted to start over, etc.

I’m pretty sure that there is a way to have Audacity import the raw data, but using Import > Raw wants me to choose a single file.

Thoughts?

That project has been saved from a late 2.x version of Audacity using “Save Lossless Copy of Project” .
The “Lossless copy” option renders the audio data as a single 32-bit float WAV file for each track in the project (rather than loads of separate .AU files).

The simplest way to deal with that project would be to simply start a new project and import the WAV file. The downside is that the WAV file does not include labels, “envelopes” or anything else other than the audio.

When a “lossless copy” project was opened in Audacity 2.x, the big WAV file would be automatically re-imported to create a load of AU files as well as the (now redundant) WAV file.

Please check that you are actually using 3.0.2 and not 3.0.0 (look in “Help menu > About Audacity”)
The problem that you describe sounds identical to this bug in 3.0.0 that is fixed in 3.0.2: https://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2570

When a “lossless copy” project was opened in Audacity 2.x, the big WAV file would be automatically re-imported to create a load of AU files as well as the (now redundant) WAV file.

Ah! That actually makes things a lot simpler. I will just make a new project file. It threw me off because I had worked with those projects a few times since creating the _lossless versions and I never received the error until the 24th.

Thanks!