How to delete parts of tracks that are not clips

Consider the project shown below. I have 3 tracks (one stereo and two mono). The first track has some cruft at the beginning that needs to be removed, but tracks 2 and 3 already are aligned with track 1. I have highlighted the part I want to remove from all three tracks. However, if I just press Delete, only track 1 is affected, and thus the clip on track 1 gets pushed up on the timeline while tracks 2 and 3 remain unaffected. Obviously this results in a misalignment between the tracks.

audacity1.png
So my question is this: Is there a way I can “delete” the highlighted portions of tracks 2 and 3 at the same time as I am deleting the highlighted portion of track 1, such that all three tracks stay in sync with each other? In other words, is there a way to delete and shift parts of a track that completely ignores the presence or absence of “clips” on the track, such that all clips later on the track will be shifted earlier in the timeline and retain all their relative positioning?

In other words, the final result should look like this:

audacity2.png
Many thanks!

Audacity version 2.3.0

Which version of Audacity are you using? (Look in “Help menu > About Audacity”)

If you are running the current “Audacity 3.0.2”, click on “Tools menu > Reset configuration” (you have accidentally messed up your preference settings).

If you are running any other version of Audacity, update to “Audacity 3.0.2” (you can get it here: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/ and see if that fixes it. If there’s still the problem, click on “Tools menu > Reset configuration”.

As I said, I am using Audacity 2.3.0. But per your recommendation, I upgraded to 3.0.2, and here the Delete key works as I would expect and gives me the results I want. Thank you!

Just to close the loop, it turns out the preference that controls this is "Tracks->Tracks Behaviors->“Editing a clip can move other clips”. If checked, I get the results I want.