Track listing

I am a new user, so do not know much.
I have a ‘live’ music (mp3) track wich is about 2 1/2 hours long. It contains about 25 tracks within it. How do I go about naming each individual track within the ‘main track’? do I have to break up the 'main track into multiple sections, if so, how do you go about it?

Unfortunately, there’s no well-supported way of doing that with “computer files”. And the tags/metadata can only hold one set of data, so only one song title for each file. (Regular audio CDs or DVDs & Blu-Rays all support tracks/chapters.)

If you download a live album from Amazon or iTunes you get separate tracks which hopefully you can play gaplessly. (MP3 seems to be one of the worst formats for gapless playback.)

Personally I make/keep the full-length file plus I make individual song files with the applause faded-in and faded-out so they sound OK when played separately. (Often I’ll steal applause from different parts for the recording, or sometimes from different recordings, to get a more-natural applause fade-out.)

And to go along with the full concert, I make a text file with the starting time of each song.

do I have to break up the 'main track into multiple sections, if so, how do you go about it?

[u]Splitting a recording into separate tracks[/u].

…The way I do it (where I’m fading the applause) I just select one song at a time and then Export Selected Audio, then I go-back and trim/fade on file at a time.