Oops, I accidentally pressed the 0 Ins key while using the mouse keys & trying to reset the mouse keys crashed Audacity.

Oops!, I accidentally pressed the 0 Ins key while using the mouse keys and trying to reset the mouse keys crashed Audacity. How do I reset the mouse keys back to default, without having to crash Audacity or without having to restart my computer again?

I like to point the mouse cursor to the Play button and use the 5 key to press play. I also like to point the mouse cursor to the Gain button and press the 5 key to see what level I actually had the volume gain set to. Since Audacity doesn’t show you the volume gain numbers in front, because they are hidden, you have to click on the Gain button, to see the volume gain number. Clicking on the Gain button with a regular mouse, doesn’t always give you an accurate number, because you miss the Gain button at a certain angle, or you accidently slide the volume gain numbers with your mouse. The mouse keys help you press a button more accurately.

Any good way to reset the mouse keys? Any way to get the volume gain numbers to show up in front and not hidden, show that you don’t always have to keep clicking on the Gain button?

Are you still on Windows XP? If you are using Japanese or Korean see this post: Audacity freezing every time I click/tab off it or it generates a new window. - #7 by steve

No I’m still not on Windows XP any more. I use both Windows 7 and Windows 10. The mouse key number pad problem can occur with any kind of Windows operating system. It happened to me with Windows 10. The 0 Ins key problem on the number pad for mouse keys. Any way to resolve this issue with the number pad for mouse keys as mentioned?

Try Tools > Reset Audacity