long wait for every change in one project

Windows 10 Audacity 3.02

I was mixing 4 tracks and the project began to clock on every change for about 30 seconds. If a second input was sent during the 30 second period, the (Not Responding) comment would show. Other projects edit just fine. All changes happen as desired but take 30 seconds.

I’ve tried to move back to 3.00 but with the same results.

I don’t see any other error indications.

I’ve seen other reports of this happening in the forum but I’m not sure if for the same circumstance.

Potential Fix - I was almost done the mixing and would hate to have to redo it from scratch.

Don’t use 3.0.0.
Audacity 3.0.2 fixes some important bugs that were in 3.0.0.

This problem has been reported by a few users, but has been very difficult for us to reproduce, so we’re not sure what causes it. The developers are looking into it.

Perhaps you can use “Export Multiple” (Exporting multiple audio files - Audacity Manual) to export all of the tracks as separate WAV files, then import those WAV files into a new project for mixing.

As you suggested, I exported all the tracks as .wav and the problem has been resolved. I saved the tracks as a new project and editing is now happening normally.

This is the first time I’ve used this Export option and it worked very well.

Thank you for the quick response. Your suggestion has save my project a lot of time and frustration.

Cheers,

Fred